The Rants of a Scotsman

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pissing off an employee but not knowing you did!

Interesting post this a little incite to the life of the Scotsman!

I have to tell you the boring the bit so you'll understand the story. I work in a supermarket as a checkout supervisor at nights. Now the supervisors duties include stuff like counting the tills, cleaning them etc and of course customer servicey type stuff like packing bags and shit.

One of the checkouts converer belts was broken and one of the staff had a ton of shopping so you can imagine the scene with this piling up and the belt not working LOL. The checkout boy asked me to help pack but I thought he was joking as it was member of staff so I went off on a pretend rant (I do that sometimes with staff members they usually find it funny, it's a bit of banter as it's called)

So I went spoke to another member of staff and the one buying the stuff at the broken checkout came across and was saying things like "that was terrible customer service" etc I thought she was joking and made some random comment like "write a letter of complaint to the store" and didn't think another thing about it.

Well that was till I was promptly called upstairs today (Tuesday) and this member of staff had called one of the deputy heads and complained eek! Needless to say I got in trouble I didn't get torn into because I'm generally regarded as a good worker apparently. So after about 15mins of discussion and my balls metaphorically grabbed and torn off, I'll now be saying "sorry" to this member of staff tomorrow as they weren't in today.

But in all fairness I should done what they asked after all it IS part of my job. So there you go folks be careful what you say in front of fellow staff members encase they take it the wrong way!

Although an interesting development has happened through this but I'll save that for another blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home