The Rants of a Scotsman

Monday, January 16, 2006

Perfect Dark Zero Time!

As you know this is a follow up to the Xbox 360 hardware rant.

Firstly I think it's unfair that this is getting compared to Halo, Indeed Halo is a much better game but it's a completely different kind of FPS to me anyway. So I will NOT be comparing PDZ to halo throughout this rant.

Firstly the graphics are just WOW even on the standard TV (I can't afford your swish HDTV types yet) You won't really notice just how wow the graphics are until you get to the some of the later levels but there is no way the Xbox could produce a looker like this. I was saying to my Swedish friend the first day I got the 360 how lovely the main Character J. Dark arse looked! It puts Ms crofts to shame! The jungle level is amazing and you can easily get lost in it if you didn't have those helpful arrows on the floor showing you the way to go.

Which takes me to the actual gameplay subject. Now, I haven't played Perfect Dark on the N64 so I can't say if it plays like that or not, but what I can say is that it plays wonderfully. The first level is a training level and it gets you used to the controls pretty sharply.

Interesting things you can do is properly take cover and sneak out and shoot you start of with a weak gun but you can kill people with some nice headshots! Other moves include a dive so you can dodge enemy fire which works fairly well you can dodge and shoot at near enough the same time.

A few gadgets are at your disposal. You have two types of lock hacking gadgets, binoculars and a demo kit (for blowing up stuff of course) Each of these has a mini puzzle to it nothing to taxing though! And you get a spy cam that you use to spy on the enemy and other things!

You do get to control a couple of vehicles ala halo (remember NOT comparing) although these parts are short and sweet and you can of course mount the odd gun turret.

Other than that the game is fairly normal FPS the enemy is intelligent and will hide and take cover which is clever but annoyed me when I was trying to get that perfect shot!

Storyline wise it's your usual spy mission impossible-esque plot but I won't spoil that for you.

All in all it's a great game and should be one of the first 360 games you buy! Rare is indeed on form with this title, some magazines have slated it but don't let that put you off. If you don't believe my rant rent it you'll buy it and you can thank me!

Next Rant: I haven't a clue! Wait and see what gets posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home